10 Budget- Friendly Anti Ageing Creams In India With Prices
What to look for in anti-ageing creams?
Creams that contain retinoid, called retinoid or retinol cream are one of the most basic formulas used to fight signs of skin ageing. Retinol helps boost skin collagen production and glycosaminoglycans content, thereby resulting in firmer and smoother skin. The Ranbaxy Yuguard Retinol cream is recommended by most dermatologists in India and can be easily bought over-the-counter at a drugstore. It is priced at Rs. 985 for a 30g tube.
Pros and Cons of drugstore retinol cream:
- Early and regular use improves skin texture
- No dramatic result without consistent use
- First time application can cause skin irritation and redness
- Works best when not exposed to sunlight or sweat. Thus, a night time regime is recommended
- It lacks in other beneficial/innovative skincare ingredients
Thus, the commercial anti-ageing lotions often have a higher advantage point when it comes to skin treatment. Most of them contain extra anti-oxidants, vitamins, AHA or BHA and beneficial extracts.
We’ve picked the top 10 most popular and affordable anti-ageing creams in India along with their key benefits. The list is kept in increasing order of the product’s retail price.
1. Garnier Skin Naturals Wrinkle Lift Anti-Ageing Cream – Rs. 250 for 40g
This cream is enriched with active essence of cherries, bilberry and ginger extracts. Cherries boost vitality, bilberry has anti-ageing benefits and ginger is a well known skincare ingredient that relieves acne, lightens skin spots, decrease inflammation, increase skin radiance and has 40 anti-oxidants. Whew!
2. L’Oreal Paris Skin perfect 30+ Day Cream – Rs. 425 for 50g
L’oreal has three specific ranges for age groups – 20+, 30+ and 40+. This moisturizing cream contains pro-collagen and unlike most anti-ageing creams, is suitable even for oily-combination skin.
3. Pond’s Age Miracle Cell ReGen Day Cream (SPF 15 PA++) – Rs. 549 for 50g
With a claim of 3x cell renewal power, this popular Pond’s product is a moisturizing day cream formulated with pro-cell complex and sun protecting SPF 15.
4. Lotus Herbals PHYTO-Rx Anti-ageing Cream – Rs. 499 for 50gm
This cream uses an innovative formula with a combination of herbal extracts to hydrate skin and increase collagen protein. Its active ingredients are bilberry, green tea and fenugreek extracts.
5. Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Anti Aging Skin Cream (Moisturizer) – Rs. 699 for 50g
Formulated to fight the 7 signs of ageing, Olay Total Effects suits sensitive skin and contains nicacinamide, vitamins C & E and pro vitamin B5.
6. Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Firming Day Cream – Rs. 725 for 50g
A product from Lakme’s popular ‘Sculpt’ range, this cream has luminizing pearls besides the anti-ageing collagen boosting ingredients, to give the skin a radiant and flawless look.
7. Rapid Wrinkle Repair® Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – Rs. 799 for 29ml
A product with great reviews from users and dermatologists alike, this moisturizer contains accelerated retinol SA and regular use is said to visibly improve skin texture.
8. Pond’s Gold Radiance Youthful Glow Day Cream (SPF-15 PA++) – Rs. 899 for 50ml
A non-comedogenic product, this Pond’s day-cream is touted to bring back lost radiance, boost cell renewal, protect skin and give an instant gold-like glow.
9. L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Laser X3 Anti Aging Cream – Rs. 1299 for 50ml
Hydrating yet of lightweight texture, this X3 cream is said by most users to have delivered its promises!
10. Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream – Rs. 1499 for 48g
With more than 20 anti-ageing ingredients, vitamins, pro-vitamin B5 and green tea extracts, it claims to regenerate skin cells and strengthen its moisture barrier – with quick results.
Almost all anti-ageing creams come with a specific skin care routine. For best results, follow up with the night-time regime, serums, face wash, etc.