Cat Eye Frames In Trend
The 70’s may be back, but there is one trend from the 50’s and 60’s that isn’t going away anytime soon! Eyewear fashion for 2015 summer is still strong on thick dark rims, geek styles, retro designs, with a massive emphasis on: funky colored, printed, even wood rims, and a huge comeback for CAT EYE glasses, whether sunglasses or eyewear. Here’s a small glimpse of how our favorite celebrities have accessorized their look with these frames:
1. Jordana Brewster
For the Jimmy Choo launch of “Choo.08”, she smartened up with a sharp white blazer and tailored trousers. She completed the look with cat-eye specs. Perfecto!
2. Zoe Saldana
While out in Beverly Hills, she assumed the role of a print mixologist by pitting her colorful cat eye frames against the polka dot knit. What a unique and lovely combination at the same time!
3. Dita Von Teese
Start your week off in these classic, no-chance-this-will-go-wrong cat eye frames like Dita Von Teese wore in Paris last year. The retro glamour that these frames add to an outfit is undeniable. They bring a certain level of sophistication to just about any outfit.
4. Reese Witherspoon
She gave the perfect example of how versatile these frames really are! The combination of jeans and white top along with those cat eye frames is solid as hell! Must try for all the casual chic dressers out there.
5. Anne Hathaway
If you already have a pair of cat eye framed specs or sunglasses, you need to buy one more! In a bright color like Anna Hathaway. She chose a rich blue, and the contrast of the color against the black lens is what makes them stand out.
6. Gwen Stefani
The queen of sunglasses, Gwen Stefani has a stellar pair hiding in her rotation. She picked these mottled, tortoise shell (WOW) pair that fit perfectly into her otherwise quirky shades collection.
How could bad gal Riri be left out of this list? If it’s in trend, she is already wearing it. If your office doesn’t have casual Fridays, slap these boldly printed shades on, and you are going to kill it! Even the most corporate look would feel funky when worn with this!
8. Nicole Richie
The modern-day style muse Nicole Richie is often spotted wearing oversized cat eye sunglasses. If you like big sized shades, consider switching thing up with a pair that peaks on the outer corner like hers does.
9. Kate Moss
Doesn’t she look a complete rockstar here? The cat eye glasses add for a brilliant finishing touch to her already great outfit. She looks extra glamorous here all thanks to her black and white frames.
How To Nail The Look With Office Wear
- The best thing to do would be to mix prints. Try any sort of printed frames with a pant suit, or even a skirt suit. Make sure one of the clothing in your outfit is printed. Don’t go all out, keep it subtle still
- Scared to mix prints? No worries, simply buy a great pair of cat eye frames in leopard print and you are good to go
- Buying cat eye frames in subtle colors would do you good too! These frames are a shape that would catch anyone’s attention anyway, so if you go for frames in pastels or even plain black for work use, they would totally work
Make Up To Suit The Look:Cat Eye Frames
- Make sure that you don’t put too much eye makeup if you are going to wear these frames, as they already attract attention due to being so funky. Eye makeup in case of spectacles of this shape would ruin the look. Keep it simple with eye liner and kajal along with mascara. Always use mascara
- Most of your makeup should be fairly subtle and minimal, that’s the only way you can rock the cat eye frames. A little bit of blush on and bronzer works fine, but otherwise make sure you don’t overdo the makeup
- Lip color should complement the color of your frames. Don’t wear completely opposite colors. If you are wearing printed frames in black and white, then subtle pinks, deep red and nudes would work best
- Nude lipsticks also come in tons of shades. Find one that suits you best and let it be your go-to color for whenever you wear these shades
Also read: Top 10 Trendy Frames To Jazz Up Your Eyes