Now, this is not about the usual cute glittery stick- ons that we used to have fun with as kids. The new glitter tattoos are an inspiration from tribal art blended with modern definitions of style. Simple, eye- catching and chic, glitter tattoos today are a creative addition to fashion.
What is a glitter tattoo?
Glitter tattoos or flash tattoos are a temporary form of body art that can be played around in terms of pattern and colour. Usually, these tattoos are only in a shade of gold or silver and are worn as thin strips of geometric designs, curving shapes, fluid lines and also to resemble pieces of jewellery.
- Glitter tattoos are temporary but last up to three days to a week. These tattoos are also water proof so that gives them an edge over other temporary inks that are washable
- The composition of these tattoos consists of skin- friendly glue and multiple colours of glitter
- Glitter tattoos are available in ready-to –use paper strips and can be applied at home, without any professional help
- Removing the tattoo is quite easy as well. A dab of hot olive oil can be left for a few minutes. As the oil is rubbed off, the tattoo gets wiped away magically. An oil based make up remover should also do the trick
How to get a glitter tattoo?
Getting a flash metallic or glitter tattoo is fairly simple. These are available in sheets that resemble the bases for paper stickers. A careful amount of precision and focus are required in order to achieve the perfect symmetry and to ensure that the tattoo is applied properly.
There is usually no after- care involved except that you should protect the design from over- exposure to water, oils and chemicals.
The ideal way to sport a flash glitter tattoo
Flash tattoos can be used to sport your individuality. Depending on your preferences, you would want to put the tattoo at a place it is easily visible.
- Geometric patterns can be worn around the wrist to resemble tribal bracelets and bangles. Just like real jewellery, you can flaunt a parallel series of flash tattoos around your wrist
- Exclusive necklace patterns in flash tattoos are designed to be put around your throat. You can choose from the varying lengths to suit your style. An interesting twist could be tried by adorning your back with a necklace pattern
- Metallic body chains, anklets, armlets and a lot of other experiments can be done with glitter tattoos. When in doubt, look for designs that are easy and simple
- You can also add a metallic touch to your collar bones, fingers and some part of your face to match up with the trends set by the Hollywood stars.
Watch out for these designs
Glitter tattoos are a form of body accessory that can be as simple and as intricate as you want. Since they are not painful not permanent, you have the liberty to go for endless experiments and try something new every time.
- Floral motifs
You can opt for little gold flowers or abstract floral shapes to run across your arms or legs or just you back. These motifs are basic yet a safe choice to go with your outfit at any time of the day.
- Egyptian symbols
It is quite obvious that the trend of metallic flash tattoos is inspired from Egyptian jewellery. So, you might as well choose Egyptian symbols to add an element of intrigue
- Geometric shapes
You can never go wrong with these but make sure that you do not overdo it as too much of anything can be quite overwhelming
You could get a special name or a phrase printed on your body temporarily. Calligraphic glitter tattoos are an ideal minimalistic design to start with
- Henna style
The best part about flash glitter tattoos is that they can be modified in way you want. Whether it is a piece of Egyptian jewellery or something more contemporary, these tattoos are highly fashionable in every case. Try wearing them on your hands for a unique henna pattern that is certain to draw attention as well as fascination
- A tad darker!
Add a twist to your tattoo jewellery by filling in the spaces with temporary body ink in black. You can also outline the tattoos with this ink to add some drama