Vaginal Itching is a very common problem that all women face. But many of us may shy away from talking about it openly. We will be discussing the causes and home remedies that can cure this problem.
Causes Of Vaginal Itching
Vaginal itching is basically irritation caused in the vaginal area. This can lead to great discomfort, especially during summer season. There are many causes for it:
- Most common is yeast infection or bacterial infection
- Sexually Transmitted diseases
- Chemical irritants
Many a times in addition to itching and irritation, women face redness around the vulva and the vagina. There can also be discomfort during intercourse or urination.
The best remedy is of course proper hygiene. Taking care of your private parts is every bit essential as your other body parts. In addition to that proper diet also helps in keeping your genital areas healthy.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is commonly used ingredient, as it is antibacterial in nature. Add 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar to warm water and wash your vagina with it. The itching will subside eventually. Do this twice daily for two days
- Cold Water Or Ice-Cubes: Use an ice compress or some ice cubes and apply them to the vaginal area. This will suppress the itching quickly. This is the quickest way of getting rid of the itching. Washing your vagina with cold water is also helpful
- Salt: Having a salt-water bath or rinsing the area with salt water will reduce the growth of microbes in that area, thus reducing the itching. Adding one tablespoon of salt to water and using that water to rinse the infected area will give you instant relief. You can do this two to three times daily. Be careful about open wounds, in that case you must avoid salt water
- Yoghurt: Yogurt has active cultures that help keep the infection in control. It fights the yeast and bacterial infection and helps reducing the itchiness. Apply it around your vagina. You can also consume unsweetened yoghurt to solve this problem
- Garlic: We know, garlic comes with a peculiar smell. But garlic can be every bit useful as the other remedies. You can use garlic paste around the infection area or chew three cloves of garlic daily
- Honey: Unpasteurized honey can be used to fight the bacteria. Apply some honey near the affected part. Wait for 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. You can also consume honey in order to get rid of the itching
- Cranberry Juice: Cranberry juice is very effective as it is acidic in nature and it fights the germs. You can drink two glasses of cranberry juice (unsweetened) for a few days. You can also opt for cranberry tablets, but it is necessary to consult your doctor for the same. Cranberry juice also fights urinary infection and other types of bladder infections
- Boric Acid: Boric acid works as the perfect antiseptic and prevents the itching. Dilute boric acid with water and apply over the affected area. Then wash it with warm water
Must Read: Top 5 Home Remedy for Vaginal Odour
Prevention of Vaginal Itching
There are some more things that you should keep in mind in order to prevent the infection or itching from spreading.
- The vaginal area must be kept dry. Moisture will lead to more irritation
- Avoid wearing tight clothes. This also leads to further irritation
- Avoid wearing lacey, synthetic or any other kind of underwear. Stick to cotton panties at least during the time when you have itching problems
- Try avoiding products with chemicals, soaps and scented sanitary pads
- Avoid sugar products if suffering from chronic vaginal itching
- Avoid sexual intercourse till the itching subsides
- Eat food times which are high in Vitamin C. This helps build the immune system
So hopefully, next time you face this issue you can find a quick remedy sitting at home. Follow these steps religiously and you will be good to go.
Also Read:Tricks On How To Shave Your Bikini Area ?