If you thought first dates aren’t that big a deal, well, think again! As much as your date wishes to look perfectly lovely, you ought to dress to impress her too. But this doesn’t mean we girls only judge a book by its cover. So here’s how you strike a balance.
1. Personality – You HAVE to know what works for you. Comfort is of foremost importance and swagger most often follows suit. Please make sure you don’t look sloppy with just a pair of jeans and a shirt that’s falling apart! For a date, remember to always dress like a man and not a boy.
2. Physical attraction – Your date sizes you up in the first ten or fifteen minutes. You need to make that connection and brew some potions if you want things to work out in the long run. And your dressing sense plays a huge role in order to achieve this. Make sure you’re well groomed and your clothes are neat. There’s nothing more off-putting than wrinkled shirts and torn jeans.
3. The Place – If it’s a more casual date, you can wear something less fancy, but still tasteful. For instance, if you’re planning on a dinner date, get a nice jacket to complement your overall attire.
4. Other details – These include your hair, shoes and cologne. As far as your hair is concerned, make sure you don’t reek with gel. Choose a hairstyle that doesn’t make you look unkempt. A man’s shoes say a lot about him! Get those polished and squeaky clean. And now coming to colognes – just apply enough to prevent your date from suffocating!
5. Accessorize – You can create an interesting ensemble with either a bracelet or a nice leather watch. Restrain from going overboard with any other kinds of jewellery.
Most of all have fun and pay attention to details.