How To Get The Rocker Chic Look
What Is A Rock Chic Look ?
Stay uber cool and flaunt your tough rockstar attitude with the bold rocker chic look. Daring, free-spirited and stylish, this is glamour with an edge. If you’re one of those who love hard core rock music as much as shopping for the latest beauty trends, this style is meant for you! Celebs like Gwen Stefani, Kate Moss and Priyanka Chopra have given us some of the best rockstar looks.
How To Create The Rock Chick look ?
Think zippers, studs and lots of leather. Black is the color for rocker chic ladies but that’s not to say you can’t mix in other colors. Red, neutral, grey and hints of bright colors go well with the tough look. It is not necessary to dress head to toe in black, leather or spikes. Mix in with your regular wardrobe, if anything, a bit of rocker chic edge with a pretty feminine vibe makes for an amazing style. Check out how these girls created their own version of this look.
Learn how to get their fabulous rocker chic styles using these five tips.
Rock Chick Look Clothes
- Leather motorcycle jacket is a wardrobe essential and so are your favourite rock band tees and slouchy graphic tees
- A Studded biker jacket is the easiest way to channel this look, even with your classic pencil dress, pretty tulle skirts, maxis or feminine lace dresses
- Skinnies, distressed denims or shorts with sheer tights are basics for this style
- Leather pants, minis and pleated skirts lend an edgier look
- Throw in a typical classic oversized plaid shirt to layer up
Since leathers can be quite expensive, so we can make do with faux-leather.
It is not necessary to dress head to toe in black, leather or spikes. Mix in with your regular wardrobe, if anything, a bit of rocker chic edge with a pretty feminine vibe makes for an amazing style. Check out how these girls created their own version of this look.
Rock Chick Shoes
You shoes should be edgy and dramatic, so no flip flops or flats.
Include these in your shoe collection:
- Motorcycle boots (must have!)
- Ankle length, calf length, knee length and studded boots. Basically boots in different shapes and styles
- Studded strap heels
- Stilettos or any ultra glam high heels
Rock Chic Style Tips With Accessories
Accessorizing your outfit is a must. You can transform any look with the right choice of accessories. For a rockstar look, get them in every imaginable form of spikes, studs, skulls and crossbones. And pile up, especially the wristbands and bracelets. Check out the other essentials:
- Metallic cuffs, neckpiece and earrings
- Classic sunglasses and reflectors
- Your favourite statement hats, caps or even berets
- Hobo fringe bag
- Studded handbags or clutches
- Chunky, oversized scarves
Though studs and spikes are essentially rocker chic, don’t get them in over dramatic, pointed styles. For these would channel more of a punk emo edge.
Rock Chick Look Hair
You want your hair to have an I-don’t-care rockstar edge, so messy and dramatic volumes are best for this look.
- For short hair, a bit of spunk with asymmetric layers and half shaved dos look good
- If you love playing with colors, try a bold burgundy red or orange-red ombre but nothing extra bright and flashy
- When you don’t want your hairstyle to be overpowering, a top knot or a pony-tail works well
- Think of accessorizing with a scarf as a headband for a more GN’R kind of vibe
Rock Chick Look Makeup
Everything is bold and attention grabbing for this style. So for makeup, it has to be intense smokey eyes or thick cat-eye liners.
- Instead of the usual thin eyeliner, draw a wider winged eye shape and fill in with the black liner for a bolder look
- You can leave the lips subtle if the eyes are striking but if you don’t have the time for eye make-up, just color your lips bold red
- And don’t forget your nails; paint them black or dark wine color
Lastly and importantly, any rocker chic look is incomplete without a strong and tough attitude. It spells fun, outgoing, confident and daring. Such girls enjoy being one of the boys yet have a strong feminine personality. Even with their cool, chilled out outlook, they won’t take any garbage.
So remember, being a rocker chic girl is not about expensive designer clothes. It is about bringing together your love for rock music culture and fashion. Be it simple graphic tees and ripped denims, anything that you wear, you wear it with confidence and with a rockstar attitude.