Long Lasting Foundations For Your D-Day
One of the most crucial steps towards achieving a perfect wedding-day makeup is ‘foundation’. Top makeup artists take great care to ensure that they use the right foundation for the bride and once that’s done, half the job is complete! Without further ado, here’s our pick of the top 10 D-Day foundations for Indian skin.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A BRIDAL FOUNDATION
- The shade should blend naturally.
- It should be long-lasting, enough to last through the wedding ceremony
- The finish shouldn’t be oily or cakey on your skin
- It should not oxidise
- It should not cause flashbacks
Ps: Foundations that contain high SPF and titanium dioxide can make your skin appear chalky white when photographed with flash.
TOP 10 LONG-LASTING FOUNDATIONS
1. Max Factor FaceFinity All day 3-in-1 foundation (Rs. 910 for 150 ml)
This 3-in-1 foundation has SPF 20 and does the function of a primer, concealer and foundation. So that’s a win-win!
Texture: Demi-matte, slightly dewy
Coverage: Medium to full
2. Revlon PhotoReady Makeup SPF 20 Foundation (Rs. 850 for 30 ml)
This foundation contains photogenic pigments (fine shimmer) that reflect light, thereby creating an illusion of radiant skin.
Texture: Smooth, hydrating
Cons: Not recommended for oily skin
3. Estee Lauder’s Double Wear (Rs. 2790 for 30ml)
It is one of the best foundations for flash photography, stays put even in hot-humid conditions and is suitable even for sensitive skin.
Texture: Light and breathable with demi-matte finish
Not recommended for dry skin.
It does not come off easily.
4. Make Up Artist Forever Ultra-HD (Rs. 2100 for 30ml)
Most make-up artists prefer this foundation because it has a flawless finish and looks great even under flash photography.
Texture: Dewy finish
Not recommended for oily skin.
5. Make Up Forever Mat Velvet Foundation (Rs. 2100 for 30ml)
One of the best foundations for oily skin, this is long-lasting and water resistant.
It can get oxidized in humid conditions.
It can settle between pores. Use a blotting paper to even out.
Not recommended for dry skin.
6. Bobbi Brown Liquid Foundation (Rs. 3250 for 30ml)
Preferred by professionals, this foundation has a breathable consistency and provides a natural finish.
Does not conceal blemishes
7. Urban Decay Naked-Skin-Weightless-Ultra-Definition Liquid Makeup (Rs. 3350 for 30ml)
The catch is its wide range of shades (grouped under warm and cool undertones) and long-lasting (8-12 hrs) finish. And oh! Kim Kardashian used this foundation on her wedding day.
Texture: Demi-matte finish
Coverage: Sheer to medium
It can settle into dry skin patches.
8. Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation (Rs. 2700 for 30ml)
It is 37 % water based oil-free formulae with ultra fine shimmer that makes skin radiant under photograph. It also has soothing rose extracts for sensitive skin.
Texture: Matte with a dewy finish
Cons: Contains denat alcohol
9. Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation (Rs. 1540 for 30ml)
Suitable even for acne prone skin, this foundation boasts of 3 correcting pigments that target dark circles, dull complexion and redness (amazing!). This lightweight formulae is said to last 10 hours.
Texture: Hydrating, yet gives a powdery-Matte finish
10. The Body Shop Moisture Foundation with SPF 15 (Rs. 1395)
This is a lightweight moisturizing foundation with Vitamin E, marula oil and beeswax. It has very fine light reflective particles for better photograph result.
It is available in two variants, one for oily skin and other for dry skin.
IMPORTANT TIPS WHILE PICKING THE FOUNDATION SHADE
- Warm skin-toned (veins appear green) works well with a yellow undertone
- Cool skin-toned (veins appear blue) works well with a pink undertone
- Check the foundation shade on your cheek to jaw line in natural light
- Cross check with a lighter and a darker shade as well
- Pick the shade that blends naturally to your skin tone
- Wait for atleast half an hour to test if the foundation oxidises (turns orang-y)
Every person has a different skin type, a foundation that works beautifully on one might react differently on another. So always try out the foundation beforehand