Top 10 colour Combinations: Walls and Furniture
Colour contrasts make for eclectic and exotic looking homes. Mixing and matching contrasting colours can be daunting and messy. Most people play it safe and choose neutral colours like beige and creams to do up their walls, furniture and furnishings.
However, with these suggestions below you can feel free to be a daredevil and choose some new and contrasting colours. Contrasts don’t always have to be yellow and blue or purple and orange. They can also be classy and sophisticated. This is not an unheard phenomenon. Lets look at a few such combos.
- Beige and Chocolate Paint your walls in beige colour. Now, buy chocolate brown furniture and furnishings and viola!! You are set to give your room a beautiful contrast. This is a sober, sophisticated colour combination, which is on top of the list. It is gaining extreme popularity however, several dwellers are still reluctant to try it out. This combination is best suited for your home lounge, study, wash room and master bedroom. This is a very versatile combination.
- Burgundy, Grey and White Burgundy colour on the walls conveys a sense of tranquillity. It’s dark yet embracing colour. Try this unique colour scheme with with white and grey and you’re sure to love it. At times this combination can be playful too
- Light Grey and Yellow These two colours might be a less used combination but they actually work really well if used in equilibrium. Chrome yellow with Dark grey or light grey makes for the perfect informal interiors. Make sure you paint only one wall grey and the rest pale chrome yellow and use a mixture of grey and yellow curtains, furnitures and other seating. Yellow is one wall colour which is in trend.
- Blue (Cerulean)and yellow This combination works magically in the kitchen. This combination is eclectic but it appeals easily to the dwellers eye. If you can get a wallpaper with this combination it would work wonderfully. Use white curtains to complete this look.
- Beige and Brown This is a classic combination, which is used in a lot of homes and rightly so. This combination is safest on colour charts and it provides a very classy feel to any home. Imagine beige walls clubbed with a deep brown wooden floor. The instant visual appeal is guaranteed. Feel free to use it in any room of the house you want. This is the most used colour in North America and Middle East. There will be no corner in your house where it won’t work
- Red, white and yellow Needless to say that white will be the dominant colour in this trio. Imagine white walls with red and yellow curtains and carpet or rug. It will make for a very playful and informal setting. These certainly are not subtle colours and neither are they pastels. Therefore, use them for pure intensity and they will work wonderfully but make sure you splash them instead of applying them all over your room
- White and Yellow Again, a classic combination. This can be used for kid’s rooms and kitchen. This combination gives a relatively informal feel to any room therefore avoid it for your formal seating area and make sure that there is more white than yellow in the room. White walls and yellow furniture works best
- Powder blue and Sienna brown This sounds like an unusual combination but it is rather soothing to the eye. Try powder blue walls and a veneer or hard wood flooring along with some white furniture and enjoy the coziness your room will provide you
- Red and Gray This is by far the most unusual yet soothing combination. There is lots you can do with this combo and feel free to use it in any room of your house. The dullness and monotony of the grey will be beautifully cut short by the intensity of the red which will be diffused by the grey present in the room. As a personal suggestion colour the walls grey and make the furnishings and furniture red
- The classic Black and White This combination is a beautiful culmination of the pristine whitecolour pleasing the eye with a beady black, which sets the mood. This combination works only if you paint your walls white and buy black furniture
Try these wonderful and unique combos at home. Rest assured they will work and make your home look unique and beautiful.