Bad breath can be a real bummer. It leads to lack in confidence and can make you really conscious. There can be many reasons causing this, something you ate, your brushing technique or even some health problem. Today we will be highlighting the causes of bad breath and giving you remedies to prevent the same.
Causes Of Bad Breath In Women
- Food: If you don’t brush your teeth properly, the food remains stuck in your mouth resulting in bad breath. Consuming certain kinds of food items like garlic, onions, acidic beverage drinks, also causes bad breath
- Medication: Many a times you must have noticed that when you are on medication, your mouth tends to taste bitter and your breath is bad.
Medications consisting of nitrates, tranquilizers or some chemotherapy medication can cause bad breath
- Smoking: If you are a smoker, then you must be well aware of the smell that lingers after smoking. Smokers tend to have a bad breath. Moreover smoking irriates your teeth and can harm your gums too
- Medical Conditions: Certain Medical conditions can also be resulting in a bad breath. If you suffer from dry mouth, then your mouth will lack saliva thus causing a bad breath. Other conditions include bronchitis, diabetes and sinusitis
- Low Carb Diet: Your crash dieting can be leading to bad breath. The body tends to break the carbohydrates by creating ketones. These ketones cause a bad odor
- Poor Oral Hygiene: This is one cause, which is totally in your hands. You need to brush your teeth twice a day. Also it is important to floss and clean your tongue regularly
How to Prevent Bad Breadth
There are many home remedies for preventing bad breath.
- 1. Fennel: Fennel is used as a mouth freshener due to its anti-microbial properties. It helps in eliminating bad breath. You can eat one tablespoon of fennel or drink fennel tea
- 2. Cinnamon: Cinnamon contains some essential oils that fight bacteria and prevent bad breath. Boil some cinnamon powder in water and use the mixture to rinse your mouth
- 3. Cloves: Cloves are also very helpful in fighting your breath problems. They are your perfect on the go solution. Just grab some and chew them thoroughly. If you have some time, you can make some tea and add cloves to it
- 4. Lemon Water: Lemon is our all time favorite alternative to almost everything. Lemon has a strong acidic nature, which kills bacteria. Moreover it has its own taste, which masks the bad breath. Have some lemon juice water and you are good to go
- 5. Drink more water: Your personal discipline will resolve a lot of problems. Drinking good amount of water helps removing the stuck food and cleanses your mouth. This will automatically solve your bad breath problems
- 6. More Raw foods: Raw foods and fiber rich foods require a lot of chewing. This in turn cleans up your mouth and helps you get rid of bad breath. Some these foods also have vitamin c, thus making your teeth stronger
- 7. Salt water gargle: Salt water gargles help to kill the bacteria in the mouth and helps you eliminate the bad breath
- 8. Tea: Drinking black or green tea instead of coffee will help you steer clear of bad breath. Tea contains certain elements that will keep your mouth fresh
Keep these simple tricks in mind and you will never have to face a bad breath problem again. Make sure that you brush, floss properly and don’t forget to visit your doctor for regular checkups.