Have you ever wondered how come models and celebs wear such cut back dresses without ever facing the dreaded bra peek-a-boo? Bought a sexy little top but can’t find the right bra to go with it? Fret not! We’re brought the most clever bra hacks that will just about change everything.
But first up, let’s make sure we have the correct bra size. Believe us, most of us have been doing it all wrong. Try it out yourself. If you can’t fit two fingers under the back strap, it’s too tight; if you can fit your whole fist, it’s too loose.
- Measure the correct bra size (inches)
Wear a non padded bra before making the measurements. Round off any fractional measurement to the nearest whole number.
- Step 1. Band size
Stand straight and keeping the measuring tape parallel to the ground, measure directly under your bust and around your bra.
(* This measurement should be as small as possible, so breathe in while you measure.)
- Step 2. Bend over so that your upper body remains parallel to the floor and measure around the fullest part of your bust.
- Step 3. Bra Size
Substract the two measurements i.e. Step 2 – Step 1 = Alphabetical Cup Size.
Bra size = Band size (numbers) + Cups Size (alphabet).
Hence, for a bust size 40” and band size 36”, the difference is 4” thus, the ideal bra size is 36 D.
- Step 3. Bra Size
- Step 1. Band size
- The Sister Size
Did you know that your cup size do not necessarily define how big or small your breasts are? Because band and cup sizes are relative and check this, every size has a ‘Bra sister size’! So the next time you find your normal bra size tight or loose, the best option is to try its sister size.
Bra sister size chart:
Eg: sister size of 32B is 34A
(* We recommend only one sister size away from the ideal bra size.)
Now that we’ve determine the right bra size, it’s time to check out some clever bra tips and tricks.
- Convertors for deep back dresses and tops
Buy one at amazon. For better bust support, you can try this
- D.I.Y racer-back bra (no sewing!)
Use a simple paper clip to convert your regular bra into a racer back bra or just buy a converter clip here
- To wear backless dress, remove the straps from your padded bra and sew the cups to the dress.
- Prevent straps from painfully cutting into your shoulders
Glue a strip of silicon to the straps or buy a strap cushion
- Easy fix for a poking underwire
To try this amazing tip by chaotically creative, just cut a strip of adhesive moleskin and glue it to the part of the fabric after pushing in the poking underwire.
But for a real quick fix, a good quality band-aid or a strip of maxi pad (!) will work well for the day
- Prevent your strapless bra from slipping down
Attach a strap to any one side of the back of your strapless bra, pull it around your back and then to the front of your bra underneath the cups. Then attach it to the other side. Voila! You have a more secure strapless bra
- For nursing mothers
Cut the bra strap and sew in bra clasps to convert your regular bra into a maternity bra
- Use elastic bands to convert your strapless bra into a designer bra.
- To upgrade your bra straps, remove the orginal straps and sew in colored elastic bands.
- Hang your bra instead ofstoring it in the drawer.
Adding shower curtains to cloth hanger will not only keep your bras in good condition but it will also save a lot of space.
- Wash your sports bra in the shower.
Take your sports bra to the shower with you after a sweaty gym or running session. Hand-wash and let it dry on the shower rod
- Make your bra last longer
Always hand wash using a mild detergent in cold water and dry fray or hang to dry. Remove the pads from your removable push up bra and reshape them before storage
- Finally, different bra styles to suit every occasion.